Advance Your Career at Honda of San Marcos
Are you ready to advance your career to the next level in a rewarding field with growth in income and opportunities? Then you would be a perfect fit for our service department at Honda of San Marcos! And, there is no experience necessary. We will train the right person and you can learn on the job. There are a ton of benefits that come with working in our service department that can get you started on a long road to success in the automotive industry.
There are a couple of current opportunities available immediately below where there is plenty of opportunity for advancement in one of the largest brands in Texas. Call Dusty Barker to schedule an appointment for an interview today at 512-262-9770. Work for a fast-growing and positive team.
Express Lube Technician
The duties of a lube technician are similar to those of an automotive technician, only somewhat less extensive. The job will focus on fluid checks and basic maintenance. Typically, a lube tech will change a vehicle’s oil, check the transmission fluid and other fluid levels, inspect various belts and filters, and check air levels and gauges. Training will be provided, but candidates should at least have a basic understanding of car maintenance.
Candidates will need to possess a broad range of automotive knowledge, but do not necessarily need any prior experience. A work history featuring experience in the automotive industry would be a definite advantage in the job market, though. No special training or certification is necessary but will be required to advance to higher positions as an automotive technician. On-the-job training will provide workers with the skills and know-how to continue their career in other branches of the auto industry. Lube technicians should be friendly and may need to have a basic understanding of how to use computers and other electronic devices.
- Basic hand tools are required
- Must pass a background check
- Must pass a drug screen
- Have a valid Driver’s license
- Job Type: Full-time
- Drives vehicles to and from service areas and lot as needed
- Assist with vehicle flow within dealership as service tickets are generated
- Provides customer courtesy washes as requested
- Inspects vehicles to detect damage and to verify the presence of accessories listed on the invoice.
- Records the description of damages and lists missing items on the delivery receipt.
- Services vehicles in storage to protect tires, battery, and finish against deterioration.
- Able to operate both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Minimum of 18 years old with a current, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires the ability to bend, kneel, walk or stand for long periods of time in all types of weather.
- Great working environment
- Paid Training
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Vacation pay
Along with career advancement, stability, and the flexibility to work anywhere, the possibilities are endless, so what are you waiting for? If you believe that being part of our service department is a perfect fit for you, then fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible!